back in stock as of
december 8th, 2008
first in stock on
march 20th, 2007
|the sound projector (uk) #tsp 15 mag|
“the sound projector 15th issue 2007” magazine
- articles & interviews with those mentioned below
- hundreds of record reviews
|january 2007 issue of ed pinsent’s 10-years-running (someone buy this man some cake!!) experimental music magazine the sound projector. |
|the sound projector press release...|
|color=red>the winter sun is roaring in|
the quiet bull will glaze you over with his crass horns
color=red>run into the open claws of the welcoming pylons
the sound projector 15th issue
published january 2007
russ waterhouse, musician in nyc, talks about his bands the sb, watersports, blues control, and limns an interesting portrait of the us underground music scene. plus he organises gigs and runs and his own label white tapes. his motto: no sleep till brooklyn!
mudboy in providence rhode island, self-taught musician, performance artist and film-maker, talking about his music, his radio dramas, and hypnosis. my, but he’s a deep one!
peter strickland, founder of the sonic catering band, talks about music and cooking, his romanian movie, his friends adam and jonathan bohman, colin potter, society, culture, music and more (in between mouthfuls of jam tart).
clay ruby, the god-fearing avant-country dynamo in wisconsin, brings us up to date with the davenport family, his solo records, and current side projects like zodiac mountain. lawdy!
u w owl, that duo of american angsters in nyc and baltimore, reveal how their primitive home-made electronic music was made in a dusty basement and can be used to summon the un-dead.
other highlights this issue:
- the devil and daniel johnston movie critically appraised by harley richardson
- 13 pages of black metal majestica from jennifer hor, with an additional black metal section ‘new blasts of foulness’ from john bagnall
- vinyl viands from america – a lush picture section packed with lavish thick vinyl pressings of us underground noise
- a two-page round-up of unbelievable and extreme eastern musics released on the sublime frequencies label
- three important and substantial surveys of contemporary long-form and noise music – to wit, invisible pyramid elegy box, lead into gold, and mitten (state) transmissions – are noted, with their grand total of 12 cds between them
- the welcome return of contributor rik rawling, digging his horns into numerous exemplars of us underground rock-metal mayhem
- equally welcome return of deranged artworks by said rawling, inscribed on bark with his sharp talons
- sunn o)))’s black one comes under the tsp blowtorch, as wielded by jennifer hor. they pass.
- carl michael von hausswolff with his crows and the hancock building, his telluric conversation with john duncan, and his take on male intuition
- a lengthy ‘lamenting octopus’ section surveying dozens of other records received this season, including interesting photographs of said records piled up on the carpet
the magazine of forbidden musical knowledge!
your sound projector team this ish:
ed pinsent, jennifer hor, rik rawling, john bagnall, harley richardson, aaron robertson and richard rees jones
for those of you who care about such things, this is technically our 10th anniversary issue (tsp was started in september 1996).
the record review sections include:
the nordic realms, international music, usa underground, vinyl viands from america, black beings, atoms of pure noise, maladroit rhythms of rock, the metal men, new blasts of foulness, environmental recordings, in the art gallery, quiet music, the phantom of liberty, tape maschines maken, the utter freakdom, the crackling esther, the droning ones, songs, guitar music, and the discurator’s den.