... on closeout for only ::
back in stock as of
september 27th, 2007
first in stock on
september 27th, 2006
|a bruit secret (france) #abs 201 cd|
“from_to” compact disc
- utah kawasaki (synthetiser) / jean-philippe gross (electric conductor)
- yoichiro shin (percussions / laptop) / olivier brisson (percussions / electronics)
- masafumi ezaki (trumpet) / hugo roussel (self-input mixing board)
- yasuo totsuka (mixing board) / quentin dubost (guitar)
- masahiko okura (bass tube) / sharif shenaoui (guitar)
- ami yoshida (voice) / alfredo costa monteiro (accordion)
- taku unami (banjo) / david n.mayer (prepared guitar)
- kazushige kinoshita (violin) / fabrice eglin (guitar / amp)
|interesting cultural-exchange disc, with the cream of the japanese hibari scene going toe to toe with a selection of artists from the a bruit secret & vert pituite rosters...|
|a bruit secret press release...|
(a coproduction by hibarimusic, fragment, pricilia, vertpituite & a bruit secret)
depicted on record is an a-topics meeting in music in the open space between two scenes.
the 8 duets open on experimental proposals: 8 improvised musical meetings in the suspended time of mail exchanges. east to the west, japan & france.
1+1 = 3. the musical arithmetic differs from what we were taught at school.
each duet creates a sonic hybrid with a third element born out of the encounter of the musical identities.
hibari / abruitsecret / fragment / pricilia / vertpituite : from_to found its source in the will of 5 labels to gather young musicians from lebanon, france and japan playing in the fields of electroacoustic and improvised music. to renew them.