... on closeout for only ::
back in stock as of
august 6th, 2013
first in stock on
december 15th, 2008
|hospital productions (usa) #hos 138 lp|
“like a frog in winter” long playing record and seven inch single record set
- ffh - broken & humbled (2:57)
- a fail association - behind the knee (2:03)
- immaculate:grotesque - put on your death suit bitch (2:52)
- cleanse - flame (2:44)
- pedestrian deposit - consequence (3:01)
- chrysalis - fallen order (1:03)
- ahlzagailzehguh - worth the risk (2:53)
- habeeb - strangulation (1:59)
- craniopagus - flacid expectations (2:09)
- alberich - strapping hounds (2:59)
- bereft - sanity (2:37)
- barrikad - social gender patterns emerge (2:58)
- prurient - masters of aids (1:16)
- sewer election - two fingers for h (2:58)
- panicsville - eat shit (2:16)
- filthy turd - hot cock filthy (2:26)
- omei - if you could just stop (3:05)
- the seven arts - alleyway song excerpt (2:53)
- age of enlightenment - tracer rounds strike veiled women (1:31)
- mark solotroff - untitled (1:58)
- whorebutcher - one step away (2:58)
- climax denial - leg humper (1:14)
- stegm - the gift (3:06)
- burden - flower full of beauty (2:40)
|december 2008 release ; roster-spanning compilation project, 4 years in the works, finally released ...|
stand-out material from immaculate:grotesque, cleanse (aka hive mind), prurient, alberich, craniopagus, ahlzagailzehguh, pedestrian deposit, sewer election, and climax denial ...
your dismal future, encapsulated on vinyl ...
|hospital productions press release...|
v/a - like a frog in winter - lp + 7" set
i started putting this compilation together in 2004 while residing in providence. at that time the climate of noise was rather hi-fi, technological, and cold. this was the start of noise as entertainment rather than entertaining. personal communication became lost. noise became something clean. something stimulating.
in response i started putting together a list of new bands at the time that i felt represented a more psychological, minimal, dismal, and rejected feeling that to me was one of a fire place having smoldered out after a night of burning.
aside from the sound i wanted to see a return to the fetishistic and erotic attitude of noise... and a negative one at that.... again in response to what i saw as a call for positive noise.
i asked the artists to think about the theme of inevitability. of being unable to escape ones own attractions and being slaves to desire. each one approached this topic differently and sometimes in very contradiction to the theme as you will see. many of these artists have continued on to establish themselves while others have vanished into the ether. however this is the terms upon which this work came forth to offer again a refreshingly negative perspective on this human game we play called life.
compiled on lp and seven inch set with mini poster.