new to stock as of
may 23rd, 2008
|thrill jockey (usa) #thrill 200 ep|
“plum” decatuple seven inch single record boxed set
- angela desveaux - two moons (by arbouretum)
- john parish - vampiring again (by califone)
- arbouretum - bus stop (by thalia zedek)
- califone - jewel (by freakwater)
- the sea and cake - spiders house (by califone)
- the zincs - blue marble girl (by howe gelb)
- tortoise - falls lake (by nobukazu takemura)
- pullman - three in the morning (chicago underground quartet)
- thalia zedek - flat hand (by freakwater)
- eleventh dream day - i like the name alice (by sue garner)
- bobby conn - washed in the blood (by freakwater)
- adult. - underwater wave game (by pit er pat)
- pit er pat - flew out my window (by the lonesome organist)
- sue garner and rick brown - umo (by ooioo)
- david byrne - ex-guru (by the fiery furnaces)
- directions in music - toy boat (by jeff parker)
- freakwater - passengers (by the zincs)
- archer prewitt - mrs turner (by the national trust)
- howe gelb - boxers (by john parish)
- mouse on mars - middlenight (by the sea and cake)
|... 15th anniversary gift from thrill jockey to the world ; focuses a bit more on the pop end of their catalogue, but ill be damned if im gonna to pass-up a 10 x 7 boxed set ... |
|thrill jockey press release...|
|plum / 7 inches box set|
thrill jockey thrill 200 2007
fifteen years ago, thrill jockey records was founded on the lower east side of new york city. in other words, it was 1992, so thrill jockey did as many new labels of those days did and released a number of 7 singles, with now-familiar names like tortoise and freakwater, and some now-less-familiar early thrillers like sugarshock and gorilla.
in the fifteen years since 1992, the 7 singles have been fewer and farther between, but with some definite gems from time to time. brokeback made its debut with a fine delight of a single called returns to the orange grove. the lonesome organist bended minds with his 7 and its pop-up deluxe cover, and the national trust made it happen with a 7 tribute to the raspberries.
now thrill jockey is looking back to that tradition for a way to celebrate fifteen years of making records for our favorite bands. inspired by the delicious devils jukebox 7 box set released in 1989 by blast first, thrill jockey will release a limited edition, heavy weight vinyl 7 box of our own: thrill jockey bands covering their favorite thrill jockey songs.
the collection is planned as a set of 10 singles. the bands were allowed to cover any song by any thrill jockey band. we hope you all enjoy this box set as much as we do and that it inspires you to chase down and listen to the originals - they are killer too! these songs will not be released on cd, and the box set will be pressed in a limited edition.