back in stock as of
april 22nd, 2011
first in stock on
may 22nd, 2009
|ljud (denmark) #ljud 006 cd|
“pioneers • the beginning of danish electronic music” double compact disc set
- jørgen plaetner - continuo (11:37) 1960
- else marie pade - etude 1 (5:33) 1962
- fuzzy - ave (3:15) 1963
- jørgen plaetner - beta (5:35) 1962-63
- bent lorentzen - interferences (5:56) 1967
- gunner møller pedersen - in terra pax (3:58) 1967
- jørgen plaetner - stykke 8 (16:23) 1963
- else marie pade - afsnit i, ii, iii for soloviolin og tre højttalergrupper (14:04) 1961
- gunner møller pedersen - organism (15:59) 1969
- bent lorentzen - på opdagelsesfærd i pianoets indre og ydre verden (8:09) 1968
- svend nielsen - waldeinsamkeit (9:32) 1970
- fuzzy - blau (17:38) 1974
- svend christiansen - pyramider (11:04) 1978
|february 2009 release ; excellent, deluxe double-disc set covering only the earliest electronic music experiments carried out in denmark ...|
those of who follow the creel pone series will be familiar with a few of these names (fuzzy !!! - but also bent lorentzen & svend christiansen) & the others via the discs occasionally in stock here @ mms on the da capo label (else marie pade, gunner møller pedersen, jørgen plaetner) ... this set offers a selection of pieces (the majority dating back to the 1960s) focusing on the sparse, eruption-oriented work that sets apart the danish scene from the contemporaneous music produced in paris, tokyo, and the u.s. ...
can’t get a much nicer cd edition ; the outer sleeve holds a six-panel double-disc gatefold sleeve with an extensive, 48-page booklet (danish in the left column, english on the right throughout) offering a few different chronologies, composers’ notes, and endless 60s gear porn / studio documentation ::
the best “geographic survey” compilation i’ve come across this year ; highly recommended !!!
pioneers – the beginning of danish electronic music
out on february 21st.
finally ! a compilation that holds the earliest recordings of danish electronic music. the cd contains works by danish electronic pioneers else marie pade, jørgen plaetner, bent lorentzen, gunner møller pedersen, fuzzy, svend nielsen and svend christiansen.
the booklet contains interviews with all the composers except from plaetner who died in 2002, and a general introduction to the environment surrounding the danish electronic musicians in the late 1950 - early 60's.
the music has exclusively been offered to ljud who are very grateful. we cleaned the reel tapes, digitalized the music, made interviews etc. the double cd contains a lot of goodies: tons of so far unreleased music and a piece from 1963 by jørgen plaetner where danish poet jørgen gustava brandt reads a poem on top. one of the earliest recordings in denmark where music and poetry blends together. what a treat !